Reminder: Due to Covid-19, some restaurants have altered their offerings and may be temporarily closed.
Before dining at any restaurant in Dubai, here are some general rules to take note of:
- Make a reservation | Gents, no shorts, flip flops, tank tops and the likes (always best to call and confirm before going) | Confirm that the offer/special you are looking to redeem is still available or applicable on your day of preference.
Below are my favorite Pan Asian restaurants in the city (that I’ve personally tried):
CE LA VIE ($$$-$$$$) – Downtown (Address the Sky)
The long awaited Ce La Vie finally opened its door in 2020! The view of the city is one of the best in Downtown Dubai with an upscale ambiance to match.
MEKONG ($$) – Palm Jumeirah (Anantara the Palm)
It’s the eclectic décor for me! Take a seat at a rickshaw table on terrace to embark on a journey through the flavors and spices of Thailand, China and Vietnam!
MISS TESS ($$) – Business Bay (Taj Hotel)
Vibe: Smart Casual, Fun/Quirky
There’s a Tuk Tuk in the middle of the restaurant! Fun and quirky night out. The night brunch on Wednesdays are a steal!
- All You Can Eat Sushi: 98 AED, Sundays
- “Brunchzilla” Night Brunch: 288 AED, Wednesdays
EAUZONE ($$) – Al Sufouh (One & Only Royal Mirage)
The walk across the wooden platform alone makes Eauzone one of my favorite restaurants in Dubai. After dinner, walk the flowered path adjacent to the beach to Jetty Lounge for drinks (or before dinner for Sunset happy hour).
JUNSUI ($$$) – Burj Al Arab
Located inside the Burj Al Arab, I highly recommend the dinner buffet (not you typical buffet) in order to sample a wide variety of food (as the a la carte menu can damage your pockets).
- Buffet Option Available (well worth it!)
TAIKUN ($$) – Downtown (Vida Hotel)
Casual but trendy night out and chill vibes at Taikun, located at the base of Vida Downtown.
- Happy Hour: 2-for-1 | 6-9PM | Thursdays – Tuesdays
- Lunch Feast: 4 course menu | 105 AED | Saturday -Thursday
- All You Can Eat Sushi: 168 AED| 6-10PM | Sundays
ASIA DE CUBA ($$) – Al Sufouh (Le Royal Meridien)
Asia de Cuba is a classic from New York City with one key difference, great food at a reasonable price.
- Let’s Taco Bout It: Unlimited tacos & house drinks| 149 AED | 7-10PM | Sundays
- Wasabae: Unlimited sushi & house drinks | 175 AED | 7-10PM | Mondays
- Equal Tuesdays: Free Drinks – Guys 7-9PM & Ladies 7-Closing | 50% off food | Tuesdays
Friday Brunch: 345 AED | 12:30-4PM | Fridays