Reminder: Due to Covid-19, some restaurants have altered their offerings and may be temporarily closed.
Before dining at any restaurant in Dubai, here are some general rules to take note of:
Make a reservation (Duh!) | Gents, no shorts, flip flops, tank tops and the likes (always best to call and confirm before going) | Confirm that the offer/special you are looking to redeem is still available or applicable on your day of preference.
Below are my favorite Italian restaurants in the city (that I’ve personally tried):
CIPRIANI ($$$) – DIFC (Gate Village)
Love, Love, LOVE the decor of Cipriani Dubai – elegant white and blue nautical hues, glossy wood, and brown leather seats spanning across two floors. The truffle pizza & gnocchi w/ gorgonzola are a must try! If you’ve been to the New York locations, Dubai’s venue & food is just as great!
- Business Lunch: 3 course menu | 150 AED | Sundays – Thursday, 12-5PM
BASTA ($$) – Business Bay (Renaissance Downtown Hotel)
Translating to “enough” in Italian, Basta tastefully combines the “food and feel” of a Roman trattoria, Florentine steakhouse and Napolitan pizzeria into one exciting tasting experience.
- Apertivo: 2 drinks 1 antipasta | 78 AED | 5-7PM, Sundays – Fridays
- Business Lunch: 3 course meal w/ coffee | 95 AED | Sundays – Thursdays
- Bollicine: 4 Bubbly Cocktails or a Bottle of Prosecco with food platter | 164 AED OR 2 Bubbly Cocktails with food platter | 82 AED
MAREA ($$$) – DIFC (Gate Village)
A New York City classic, right in the heart of Dubai serving coastal Italian cuisine. Plus, it’s a Michelin Star rated resto! The lobster burrata & sea bream are two of my favorite dishes.
- Business Lunch: 3 course menu | 120 AED | Sundays – Thursdays
LARTE ($$) – Design District/Studio City
Pizza & pasta galore. Also, known to have one of the best Aperol Spritz in Dubai!
- Meatball Mondays: Unlimited Spaghetti & meatballs + 1 drink | 99 AED | Mondays
- Ciao Bella: 3 drinks & 1 dish | 99 AED | Tuesdays
- Pizza & Wine Night: Unlimited wine & pizza (2 hours) | 149 AED | Wednesdays
- Apertivo: Unlimited antipasta & premium beverages | 199 AED | Fridays & Saturdays
- Happy Hour: Selected Drinks | 35 AED each | 5 to 8PM daily
II FARO ($$) – Palm Jumeirah (Azure Residences)
Vibe: Smart Casual/Chic
An extensive selection of pizzas made in a traditional oven, complimented with your favorite Italian classics: crispy bruschetta, thinly sliced meats and cheeses, light Italian style salads, and hearty pasta dishes. Il Faro has one of the best outdoor terraces as well when it comes to Italian restaurants in Dubai.
- Pizza & Bubbles: Unlimited pizza & bubbles/hops | 165 AED (Ladies), 245 AED (Gents) | Tuesdays, 7-10PM
- La Festa Italiana Brunch: Assortment of antipasta, pizza, pasta, main course & dessert w/ drinks | 265 AED House Beverage | Fridays
- Aperitivo Italiano: Antipasta miso & 2 Spritz | 150 AED | Saturdays, 12-5PM
- Happy Hour: Drinks starts from 25 AED | Sundays – Wednesdays, Opening -7PM
ROBERTO’S ($$$) – DIFC (Gate Village)
A Dubai classic serving authentic Italian flavors in a fine-dining atmosphere. Roberto’s is known for hosting unique, experiential dinners – keep an eye out for them.
- Business Lunch: 3 courses | 125 AED | Sundays – Thursdays
- Brunch: Food & House Beverages | 495 AED | Saturdays
- Apertivo/Happy Hour: Drinks/Food starts from 25 AED | Saturdays – Thursday, 4-8PM
TRATTORIA TOSCANA ($$) – Madinat Jumeirah
Vibe: Smart Casual
Simple decor but delicious Italian restaurant overlooking the Madinat Jumeirah lagoon. The lamb meatballs are delicious!