An exclusive luxury getaway 45 minutes from the heart of Dubai – what more can I say, Al Maha Desert Resort is truly special.
Set in the beauty of the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Al Maha Desert Resort Dubai offers true liberation – no worries, the freedom to be lazy in a luxurious manner, and plenty of moments to reconnect with nature.
Before You Go:
- Al Maha Desert Resort Dubai has one of the most expensive nightly rate that you’ll come across in the UAE (however, it is worth it). Keep an eye out for their special discounted rates via the Marriott Bonvoy app.
- Suite Life: All suites feature authentic Arabian furnishings, king sized bed, spacious bathroom with a marble bath and rain fall shower, and a private plunge pool with endless desert views. I chose Suite 14 – more secluded and perched at the end of the resort with the desert below. Rooms 15, 20 37, and 38 are also great choices in terms of elevated views.
- Activities: Guests are allowed two complimentary activities per day as part of their stay. The resort offers activity packages for those staying for a longer period of time.
- Dining: The food – amazing! Dining can take place in the signature restaurant, Al Diwaan (which features uninterrupted views of the Arabian desert); On the deck of your suite for ultimate privacy; Among the rolling desert dunes for a more experiential dining experience.
- Spa/Fitness Center: The Timeless Spa offers an array of services from couples massages & body scrubs to Ayurvedic treatments. The gym, quite small but functional, is open from 7AM to 8PM.
- If the nightly rate does not work for your budget, Al Maha offers one of the best valued day packages. For AED360 per person, you will receive: Full day access to the Timeless Spa infinity pool, locker & changing room and Gym; 45 minutes Timeless Back Massage; 3 course Lunch which includes soft drinks, water, coffee/tea. Please note this is usually a summer promotion – confirm before going! There is also the option for a standard Pool Day access pass with pay as you go dining.
- Children under 10 are not permitted.
- For GPS driving direction, please follow this Link https://goo.gl/maps/doMP8CGAHXw. You will need to pass Exit No. 50 (do not take the exit), about 4.7 km on your right hand side (when you are driving from Dubai towards Al Ain on the E66 highway) a small slip road turns immediately off the main road. Drive down on this road which passes underneath the highway towards the resort gate.
- Important Note: Al Maha has 10 kilometers of dirt road from security gate to main building, No access for sports car. No off road driving as Dubai Desert Conservation will fine you AED500.
- I visited during the month of September – the weather was surprisingly great (not too hot)!
Al Maha Desert Resort Dubai Contact
Phone: +971 4 832 9900