Luxury Glamping By Sharjah Collection
The emirate of Sharjah has a new hot spot – a luxurious, but adventure filled camp site on the shores of the Arabian sea. Sharjah, often referred to as the cultural capital of the UAE, has gone the extra mile to revamp their tourism sector which has been led by the growth of new luxury hotels across the city’s coastline and desert dunes.
Located in Kalba, along the east coast of Sharjah, the experience at Kingfisher begins immediately with a boat ride across the lagoon for a quick, efficient check-in. Here’s what you need to know:
- Distance from Downtown Dubai – 90 minutes
- Despite Kingfisher’s location, all vehicle types can be used to get there. No cars are allowed on the property. There’s a dedicated car park on arrival. From there, your boat experience begins!
- This is a nature’s retreat – expect to glimpse rare bird species and other wildlife.
There are 20 tents evenly spaced out across Kingfisher Retreat ranging from 1 – 5 bedrooms, most with sea views. All tents are equipped with wi-fi, cable TV, AC, complimentary mini bar (no alcohol) and a private deck.
The tents are modern with soft blue, beige and brown interiors. The 1-bedroom can comfortably accommodate 2 people (3 would be a stretch). The bathroom has a deep soaking tub, a walk-in shower with toilet located separately.
Each tent has it’s own private deck and swimming pool that faces the sea!
Food & Drink
Kingfisher has all day dining that offers both buffet style and a la cart. There is also the option to create your own BBQ picnic in the privacy of your tent (for an additional cost).
Guests will have the opportunity to kayak through the mangroves – aside from that, activities are quite limited. Go ahead and enjoy your private plunge pool and beach access.
It’s nature glamping – the perfect opportunity to disconnect and remain secluded for a few days.
- Minimal interaction with others
- No need to leave your compound
- Quick access to the beach
Things To Consider
Not much to complain about here as I reckon most stays will average around 2-3 days. However, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- No alcohol is served on the property (Sharjah is a “dry” emirate)
- Service at times was quite slow
When was your last time you went glamping?
Kingfisher Retreat Contact
email@example.com | +971 9 201 1900